Monday, August 25, 2014


"And she says "Oooh I can’t take no more.' Her tears like diamonds on the floor, and her diamonds bring me down, 'Cuz I can’t help her now."
Recently, I'd been stumbling through the wonderland that is Pinterest (recently, as in every moment is consumed by pinnin'). There had been a fellow user that had mentioned Rob Thomas' Her Diamonds, and the fact that it was an autoimmune anthem (personally, up until this point my autoimmune anthem has been "Ow, I hurt. I don't want to get out of bed."). It led me into investigating this commentary, where there had been an article about the meaning behind this song which supposedly was a love song towards his wife who suffers through an autoimmune disease (one similar to lupus). 

Literally, I've heard the radio station play this song nearly a thousand times (especially when we had Sirus Radio and there was a host that was probably a Rob Thomas/Matchbox 20 fangirl man), but never made the connection to that meaning. It makes have new respect for this song, as well as make me smile that there's a love song devoted towards someone with an autoimmune disease (#givesmehope). 
That is all. Good day everyone. 





Hugs + Kisses,
Julia.

-------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment