Monday, October 6, 2014



Trypanophobia:
The fear of injections or needles.
(#7 Top Common Phobias, according to psychology.com)


There's quite a long list of things that make me uncomfortable, scared, or otherwise just give me the heebie-jeebies (like clowns, bugs, creepy people, social situations, people touching their eyes, loud noises, winerahmer dogs, rabbit costumes, heights, falling, death, etc.). Everyone is constantly making fun of how incredibly jumpy that I am. However, it's nearly impossible for me to have a phobia of needlesunless said needle makes incredibly unnecessary loud noises (see: Humira Pens). Therefore, the fact that my body had been basically a pin-cushion these past few weeks hasn't phased me what-so-ever,. In fact, it seemed almost appropriate to liven up a mundane hospital-filled week by actually going to be poked repeatedly by needles (because that's logical), but this time by choice and with much excitement. 

It had been a few weeks ago while attending a charity motorcycle ride at my father's club, that I'd been so wonderfully gifted a certificate for a local tattoo shop. If there's one thing that I have a definite love affair with, it's tattoos (despite my formerly ink-less, bare skin), and it's not just because tattooed men are the handsomest. It'd been a last-minute decision to wander into the tattoo shop, and finally become an tattooed member of society. Like I'd said before, I'm a professional scaredey cat, so it was easy to psyche myself into being terrified over an infographic that listed shoulder blades as one of the most painful tattoo spots (thank you, pinterest). Luckily, that was a gigantic lie, because almost every IV that I've had has been a lot more brutal than this experience-or perhaps, I just have terrible nurses-. There was absolutely no feelings of pain that would warrant a dramatic "holy shit, this really hurts" moment, just a slight being-stabbed-by-a-pen feeling. Or, I could just be that badass. Either way, it is done and I'm overly thrilled with the result.  

Lovely Backstory, Because You Knew There Had To Be One:

Even though, I have a mile-long list of potential inking endeavors, it was without hesitation that I'd committed to becoming twinsies, times four, with my family members. It was a few years back that my parents both had gotten their first tattoos together: four paw prints to represent each member of our familysolidifying that I've definitely been raised by wolves, so to speak. It seemed necessary to represent some of the coolest (in their own special way) people that I've ever known with my first tattoo. After all, if there's been three people who have consistently been there and had my back (get it, get it, my back, since it's a tattoo, on my back!) throughout my entire life, it would obviously be those homies who have shared my last name. I'm now officially a part of the pack, and there's no denying me. 
Oh, look at me being all sappy and such. We absolutely know that the true reasoning for getting a tattoo was to increase my attractiveness level, obviously.




Hugs + Kisses,
Julia.

-------------------------------------------


Tattoos have a power and magic all their own. They decorate the body, but they also  enhance the soul.  
-Michelle Delio 




No comments:

Post a Comment